Monday, November 26, 2012

{REVIEW} EPHEMERAL (COUNTENANCE #1) by ADDISON MOORE

Ephemeral (The Countenance, #1)Series: The Countenance #1
Publisher: Addison Moore
Publication Date: 9/12/12
Format: ebook (Kindle)
Pages: 412
Source: Received from author for review

Young Adult/ Mature Situations

The last thing Laken Stewart remembers is the oncoming car, then bursting through the windshield.

Two months dissolve without her knowledge and she finds herself in unfamiliar surroundings with strangers who not only profess to know her but insist she’s someone else entirely.

Laken discovers her long dead boyfriend, Wesley, has been thrown into this alternate world as well. He is quick to inform her she suffered a horrible fall and that her memory hasn’t fully returned. According to Wesley the other life she had—her name, her family, they were simply a side effect of her brain trauma.

In her quest for answers she meets Cooper Flanders, the son of her psychiatrist who readily believes every word she says.

Laken Stewart knows she died on that hot July afternoon, but now she’s alive—or is she?


Whoa. Ephemeral was C-R-A-Z-Y. The good kind of crazy, definitely. You have a spirited, hard-headed main character in Laken, whose passion and temperament rivals that of her Celestra Series counterpart, Skyla. Laken, who also is dropped into the crazy world of angel factions, the Transfer, and viscious high school rivals, also has the dreaded/beloved love triangle to deal with.

Yes, another triangle. For fans of Moore's Celestra Series, you know this is a good thing! This time, we have Wes, Laken's one true love, her perfect match. But, there's also Cooper. A sweetheart of a guy, who seems more willing to believe Laken and to help her uncover her past and the truth about what is happening in this insane alternate world. Laken wants to be with Wes, loves him, but cannot deny her attraction to Cooper. I have a feeling this entanglement may end up rivaling that of Skyla/Gage/Logan.

Ephemeral had so much going on. You have Laken trying to navigate and unravel this alternate world she wakes up in. The people from her other life are not the same in this world. Her family is not the same. Laken is driven to the edge wondering whether she is dead, alive, or insane. Those she trusted in her old life are the same she must be wary of in this new life. There are monsters in the forest, possible evil among her family and friends, and a battle for her heart and mind.

Ephemeral is a great spin-off to the Celestra Series. Those who've read and loved that series will be extremely happy with this new series. I'm excited to find out what happens next in book two, Evanescent.


Favorite Quote:

  "I write silly things on the back of leaves and give them to you." I don't tell him that I wrote "I love you" a thousand times or that he was my everything or that he saved every leaf I'd ever given him in a box beside his bed - that I did the same with the ones he gave me.    (12%)



You can purchase Ephemeral at:
Amazon | Barnes & NobleSmashwords


Addison Moore


Connect with Addison Moore at:
her blog  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  |  GoodReads




Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Love triangle, :/ The description sounds wonderful, though. Your review has me wanting to read this as well. Great review Andria. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean Andrea! My spelling is abysmal at midnight! :)

      Delete
  2. First, I'm going to have to unleash the cover whore in me and just say, I love this dress, although it does look rather difficult to sit in :)
    I don't think I've ever read a Moore book, so I think I just found a new author to add to my pile! Sweet quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is an awesome review Andrea, it's good to come across a book where you don't get annoyed wit the love triangle. I think I may have to read the original series before I tackle this spin off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover for this one is gorgeous, I had never seen it before. I'm not a fan of love triangles, I would constantly wondering why she isn't with Wes her one true love and perfect match! I'm happy to see that the love triangle didn't take away from your enjoyment of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this gorgeous cover all over the place but didn't put two and two together. I didn't realize it was a spin-off from the Celestra series! I remember reading Ethereal a few months back and enjoying it. I like me some *good* craziness so I might just have to give this one a shot. Would you say that it's better to catch up on the Ethereal series first or does this one stand on its own?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Ethereal, but haven't read it. I really like this cover, but I wish that it had been done a little better. The dress and the girl look totally photo shopped on rather than blending nicely. It's still pretty though. I definitely want to get to the Ethereal series eventually. I don't tend to like love triangles much, but if they are done good I don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover of this book so much. It sounds like something I would really enjoy. Ive got to check out the celestra series.

    Thanks for the great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Addison's first book on my Kindle. I guess I should bump it up after reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review. I can't wait to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eek gads..a triangle..why? Oh but the cover is delightful and you tempt me with your delightful review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cover is breathtaking! And gurl - I loves crazy and triangles, so I'm adding this one to the list now. Fantastic review - thanks so much for putting this one on my radar! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I seriously love that cover and the sound of this book. I do enjoy a good love triangle. Emphasis on the word good. I'll have to check this series out. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh boy. I can only imagine the chaos. Addison certainly knows how to spin a web.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, sounds crazy and fun and full a'boys :) GORGEOUS cover. Gonna check this one out, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this sounds yummy!!!! Must have!!! Thanks for sharing.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bet her shit smells like roses. Just sayin. lol.

    I see this is a spin off. I have to get around to the orginal series.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cover is so pretty! I still need to start the Celestra Series. Not sure that both series having a love triangle is a good thing but glad it is a complicated and meaningful one. I hate when they're really pointless.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post