Friday, July 27, 2012

SEXY SUMMER SATURDAYS, #9 {UNLEASHED}




Sexy Summer Saturdays is a weekly post that Hackaroos Reviews, Sims-Sational Books, The Autumn Review, and The Bookish Babe created for fun, to challenge one other to add a little spice to our reading and to spread the word about sizzling summer reads.

**The books featured on SEXY SUMMER SATURDAYS are for adults. If you are under 18 years of age, or do not like smexy books, please do not read this post. **

Unleashed (Ross Siblings, #1)
One week in paradise will make or break them…

It’s not enough that Kelsey’s husband left her for another woman. Oh, no. The “other woman” had to be her best friend Evan’s fiancĂ©e. Not only has she lost her marriage, she fears losing Evan to the lingering awkwardness and humiliation that hangs between them.

Evan has no intention of letting that happen. He’s got plans…namely, an extra plane ticket to Hawaii now his future wife is out of the picture. There’s only one person he wants on the trip with him, the one who’s always been there for him. The one he should never have let slip away into the arms of a traitorous friend who shattered her heart.

Kelsey is anticipating a week of fun in the sun with the man who’s always treated her like a little sister. No one’s more surprised when she discovers that Evan has seduction on his mind—and that she’s more than ready for it.

Love is the most powerful healing force of all. But past demons have a way of ripping open old wounds, and threatening the survival of even the strongest friendship…

Warning: This title contains explicit sex between best friends, graphic language…and a hero who knows how to put the hot in “hot tub”. ~From GoodReads


It was inevitable that I would read the Ross Siblings series. Almost every time I look up smexy books, this series would "pop up" (hee!) as a recommended read. Then I discovered that my guru in smexy books, Autumn, had read the series and loved it, and I knew I'd found a good thing.

I read Unleashed (and book two, Rock Me) during the Doin' It Dirty read-a-thon, and had a blast. Evan and Kelsey were characters that I liked immediately. I love books, especially romance, in which the characters share a history that gets that "getting to know you" phase out of the way. The two have a nice, sweet relationship, one that became more than a little awkward when Kelsey's husband and Evan's fiancee had an affair. So Evan and Kelsey use Evan's failed honeymoon as a vacation, and their long-standing attraction to one another flares to life.

As for the sexy times, the were pretty great. The chemistry between Evan and Kelsey was apparent in the first scene they shared, but once they hit Hawaii, it's no holds barred. There was a lot of lovemaking going on in that honeymoon suite, and one HOT hot tub scene.

I will say, along with some steamy romance, the plot in Unleashed really held my attention as well. Kelsey and Evan were two people with a lot of baggage, insecurities, and at the heart of it, truly loved one another. There is the inevitable test of their bond late in the story, one that frustrated the heck out of me. But Unleashed does have a nice, romantic, tear-inducing conclusion. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Favorite Quote:

"The words drew out something primeval and possessive in him, the need to cherish her and protect her and above all else, claim her as his own. Erase all memory that she'd ever belonged to anyone else, that she'd ever given anything to a man who didn't appreciate her and didn't treasure her with his entire being. She was the one who deserved everything, everything he had to give." (ebook, 60%)

" 'I mean it, if you want to go to law school, then go, and I will support you all the way. I'll even throw in free tutoring. Wait until you see my Socratic method, baby.' " (ebook, 89%)

Published February 2nd 2010 by Samhain Publishing, LTD             

You can purchase UNLEASHED at:
Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble  |  Book Depository


Source: Personal Purchase

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm another book to add to my "have to buy at some point" list haha! This sounds great! Thanks for the awesome review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazon is always recommending this to me. I didn't know autumn had read and like it. Now you too, I may just have to add this one to my list. Great review you sexy little thing. <3 lets boink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that I came across your blog! My recent reads have been dominated by YA books, and I have been craving something a bit more adult to wash away the teen angst stories. This sounds perfect. Thank you for the recommendation!!

    Oh! Paper Pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked it lovie! Great review! <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments are bloggy food. Feed me!

Recent Post